The Asia-Pacific region continues to grow in importance as a driver of global economic growth. Such is the significance and scale of shared trade, security, and political interests between the region and the U.S., some commentators have coined the term – The Pacific Century – to describe our times.
[expand title=”Continuation of Overview“]
In a thought-provoking, engaging and informative presentation and discussion forum, Savills explored the above topic from a real estate perspective and discussed implications for U.S. business. With presentations led by Savills’ Head of Research for Asia-Pacific and with in-market experts from Japan, China, Hong Kong, India, Singapore and Australia in attendance, the breakfast speaking events were a rare opportunity for attendees to meet, discuss and share views on a subject which is topical and of increasing relevance to us all.
The Pacific Century Savills Speaking Series took place in 5 cities on the U.S. West Coast. We visited Seattle, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and Newport Beach.
The Ortus Club hosts knowledge-sharing discussions for senior executives internationally. It has been providing an environment for business leaders to explore processes of collaborative creativity that will drive innovation within their industry.
Savills plc. is a global real estate services provider listed on the London Stock Exchange. Savills (Savills Studley in the Americas) has an international network of more than 600 offices and associates throughout the Americas, the UK, continental Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East, offering a broad range of specialist advisory, management, and transactional services to clients all over the world.
Our people combine entrepreneurial spirit and a deep understanding of specialist property sectors with the highest standards of client care.
To learn more, visit www.savills.com
Geo-political tensions and the ongoing tit-for-tat tariff war between the U.S. and China have recently brought into sharp focus the scale, increasing importance and complexity of the relationship between the U.S. and the Asia-Pacific. In a wide-ranging presentation led by Simon Smith, Savills’ Head of Research for Asia-Pacific and in subsequent discussions, the following topics were explored:
- Demographics and population
- Economic development, growth, and scale
- Real estate and capital investment flows
- Emerging trends in tech, e-commerce, AI, manufacturing & logistics
The event was a lively and engaging forum with plenty of discussion, debate, shared views and experiences, with participation from the audience and with real estate experts in attendance from key markets across the Asia-Pacific.
8:00 am: Arrival and coffee/tea reception
8:30 am: Welcome by Ortus and introduction by Savills
8:40 am: Presentation over breakfast “The Pacific Century” by Simon Smith, Head of Research for Savills Asia-Pacific
9:25 am: Panel question and answer portion
10:00 am: Networking session
Savills Orange County Office
520 Newport Center Drive, 8th Floor, Newport Beach, CA 92660
- CEO at Freightgate
- CEO at JHLEA
- CEO at Ramp Logistics
- CEO at SMA, Inc.
- CEO at The Buddy Group
- CEO/Founder at LaneAxis
- CFO at MediaMix365
- Chief Financial Officer at Ep Wealth
- Corporate Managing Director at Savills Studley
- CTO & Senior Vice President Automotive at Flex
- Director at Conduent
- Director Of Finance And Administration at American Medical Technologies
- Director of Operations at Winwind
- Director, Fleet and Vehicle Operations at Hyundai Motor America
- Director, International Education at West Coast University
- EVP at O’Neill Logistics
- Field Energy Specialist at Tesla
- Finance Director at Allergen
- Head of China Intellectual Property Practice at Squire Patton Boggs
- Managing Director at Urban Core Realty Advisors
- Partner at Best Best & Krieger
- Partner at Bremer Whyte Brown & O’Meara
- Partner at Gartner
- Partner at Gordon & Rees
- Partner at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear
- Principal at Winwind
- Regional Vice President, Enterprise at RingCentral
- Senior Partner at JacksonTidus
- Shareholder at Littler Mendelson
- Director Technology Solutions at McKesson
- Vice President, Global Sales at MKS Instruments
- SVP Chief Strategy Officer and Deputy CFO at Yokohama Tire Corporation
- Vice President at NeurIOT USA
- Vice President at Platinum Enterprise Solutions
- VP of Strategy & Development Everest at Game Golf
- VP Sales & After Market at Karma Automotive
- VP Worldwide Sales & After Market at Karma Automotive