The Asia-Pacific region continues to grow in importance as a driver of global economic growth. Such is the significance and scale of shared trade, security, and political interests between the region and the U.S., some commentators have coined the term – The Pacific Century – to describe our times.
[expand title=”Continuation of Overview“]
In a thought-provoking, engaging and informative presentation and discussion forum, Savills will explore the above topic from a real estate perspective and discuss implications for U.S. business. With presentations led by Savills’ Head of Research for Asia-Pacific and with in-market experts from Japan, China, Hong Kong, India, Singapore and Australia in attendance, the breakfast speaking events were a rare opportunity for attendees to meet, discuss and share views on a subject which is topical and of increasing relevance to us all.
The Pacific Century Savills Speaking Series took place in 5 cities on the U.S. West Coast. We visited Seattle, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and Newport Beach.
The Ortus Club hosts knowledge-sharing discussions for senior executives internationally. It has been providing an environment for business leaders to explore processes of collaborative creativity that will drive innovation within their industry.
Savills plc. is a global real estate services provider listed on the London Stock Exchange. Savills (Savills Studley in the Americas) has an international network of more than 600 offices and associates throughout the Americas, the UK, continental Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East, offering a broad range of specialist advisory, management and transactional services to clients all over the world.
Our people combine entrepreneurial spirit and a deep understanding of specialist property sectors with the highest standards of client care.
To learn more, visit www.savills.com
Geo-political tensions and the ongoing tit-for-tat tariff war between the U.S. and China have recently brought into sharp focus the scale, increasing importance and complexity of the relationship between the U.S. and the Asia-Pacific. In a wide-ranging presentation led by Simon Smith, Savills’ Head of Research for Asia-Pacific and in subsequent discussions, the following topics were explored:
- Demographics and population
- Economic development, growth and scale
- Real estate and capital investment flows
- Emerging trends in tech, e-commerce, AI, manufacturing & logistics
The event was a lively and engaging forum with plenty of discussion, debate, shared views and experiences, with participation from the audience and with real estate experts in attendance from key markets across the Asia-Pacific.
8:30 am: Arrival and coffee/tea reception
9:00 am: Welcome by Ortus and Introduction by Savills
9:10 am: Presentation over breakfast “The Pacific Century” by Simon Smith, Head of Research for Savills Asia-Pacific
9:55 am: Panel question and answer portion
10:15 am: Networking session
Bently Reserve, Farallon Room
301 Battery St, San Francisco, CA 94111
Simon Smith – Head of Research, Savills, Hong Kong
A Member of the RICS and the HKIS, Simone has been working in the real estate research and consultancy field in Asia-Pacific for over 20 years.
- Founder, CEO of Usertech
- Founder and Managing Director of Saints Capital
- Co-Founder and CEO of Lucid VR
- President and COO of Quadriga Biosciences
- Head Of Facilities of Kitty Hawk
- CFO – Americas of Treasury Wine Estates
- GM IoT Venture Capitalist of Yamaha
- USA West Coast adviser of FIPRA International Government Affairs
- CEO of Compliance.ai
- Partner & Managing Director of Parthenon-EY
- Chief Technology Officer of Zeta Global
- Partner of ExCapsa Group
- Managing Director and Chairman, ICEYE US of Newline Ventures, LLC
- Founder / CEO of Arabic Language Service
- COO of Lucky Shot Media, LLC
- Campus Director of University of Phoenix
- Founder & CEO – Chief Consultant of Piedmont Avenue Consulting, Inc.
- Assistant Managing Partner, Bay Area Offices of Gordon & Rees
- V.P. Innovation & Corporate Partnership, APAC of Plug & Play Tech. Center
- Partner of Andra Capital
- Managing Partner of Andra Capital
- Chief Investment Officer of RedLeif Investments, Inc.
- CEO and Co-Founder of i4j
- Program Manager of ChinaSF
- Deputy Director of ChinaSF
- Managing Partner of Angaros
- Partner of Angel Labs
- President, CEO and Co-Founder of Leap Motion
- CTO of Underground Cellar
- CFO of Fandor
- CFO of LeTote
- Director, Global Strategic Solution Consulting of Walkme
- Co-Founder & COO of OnRisk, Inc.
- Founder & CEO of BIGcontrols