The Asia-Pacific region continues to grow in importance as a driver of global economic growth. Such is the significance and scale of shared trade, security, and political interests between the region and the U.S., some commentators have coined the term –The Pacific Century – to describe our times.
[expand title=”Continuation of Overview“]
In a thought-provoking, engaging and informative presentation and discussion forum, Savills will explore the above topic from a real estate perspective and discuss implications for U.S. business. With presentations led by Savills’ Head of Research for Asia-Pacific and with in-market experts from Japan, China, Hong Kong, India, Singapore and Australia in attendance, the breakfast speaking events will be a rare opportunity for attendees to meet, discuss and share views on a subject which is topical and of increasing relevance to us all.
The Pacific Century Savills Speaking Series took place in 5 cities on the U.S. West Coast. We visited Seattle, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and Newport Beach.
Asia-Pacific In Focus
Geo-political tensions and the ongoing tit-for-tat tariff war between the U.S. and China have recently brought into sharp focus the scale, increasing importance and complexity of the relationship between the U.S. and the Asia-Pacific. In a wide-ranging presentation led by Simon Smith, Savills’ Head of Research for Asia-Pacific and in subsequent discussions, the following topics were explored:
- Demographics and population
- Economic development, growth, and scale
- Real estate and capital investment flows
- Emerging trends in tech, e-commerce, AI, manufacturing & logistics
The event was a lively and engaging forum with plenty of discussion, debate, shared views and experiences, with participation from the audience, and with real estate experts in attendance from key markets across the Asia-Pacific.
Agenda – 7th May:
8:00 am: Arrival and coffee/tea reception
8:30 am: Welcome by Ortus and Introduction by Savills
8:40 am: Presentation over breakfast “The Pacific Century” by Simon Smith, Head of Research for Savills Asia-Pacific
9:25 am: Panel question and answer portion
10:00 am: Networking session
Premiere On Pine, Revue Room and Terrace
1525 9th Ave, Seattle, WA 98101
Simon Smith – Head of Research, Savills, Hong Kong
A Member of the RICS and the HKIS, Simone has been working in the real estate research and consultancy field in Asia-Pacific for over 20 years.
Savills plc. is a global real estate services provider listed on the London Stock Exchange. Savills (Savills Studley in the Americas) has an international network of more than 600 offices and associates throughout the Americas, the UK, continental Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East, offering a broad range of specialist advisory, management and transactional services to clients all over the world.
To learn more, visit www.savills.com
- Founder & CEO of Founders Live
- Founder of The Data-Driven Institute
- Founder & CRO of Elevat Inc.
- Co-Founder of Bonanza
- Co-Founder & CEO of Magalix
- Co-Founder and CEO of Boundless Immigration
- President & CEO of Virtualitpr.com, Inc.
- President of LeaveLogic
- President and Chief Executive Officer of Paseo Caribbean Food
- President of Navigate, Inc.
- CEO of Format Health
- CEO of Cascadeo
- CEO of MirrorCache
- CEO of VestLink Group, Inc.
- CEO of asterRIDE
- Interim CFO of CFO Selections
- CFO & General Counsel of DataCloud
- CISO of Usermind
- Chief Revenue Officer / Chief Marketing Officer of General Assembly
- Chief AI Officer of Citadel
- Chief Digital Transformation Officer of Hubble
- General Counsel of Aptevo Therapeutics
- Managing Principal of Alternative Resiliency Services Corp
- Managing General Partner of Cronus Ventures LLC
- VP and Global Head, Oil & Gas Industry Business Unit of SAP