The Asia-Pacific region continues to grow in importance as a driver of global economic growth. Such is the significance and scale of shared trade, security, and political interests between the region and the U.S., some commentators have coined the term – The Pacific Century – to describe our times.
[expand title=”Continuation of Overview“]
In a thought-provoking, engaging and informative presentation and discussion forum, Savills will explore the above topic from a real estate perspective and discuss implications for U.S. business. With presentations led by Savills’ Head of Research for Asia-Pacific and with in-market experts from Japan, China, Hong Kong, India, Singapore and Australia in attendance, the breakfast speaking events were a rare opportunity for attendees to meet, discuss and share views on a subject which is topical and of increasing relevance to us all.
The Pacific Century Savills Speaking Series will took place in 5 cities on the U.S. West Coast. We visited Seattle, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and Newport Beach.
The Ortus Club hosts knowledge-sharing discussions for senior executives internationally. It has been providing an environment for business leaders to explore processes of collaborative creativity that will drive innovation within their industry.
Savills plc. is a global real estate services provider listed on the London Stock Exchange. Savills (Savills Studley in the Americas) has an international network of more than 600 offices and associates throughout the Americas, the UK, continental Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East, offering a broad range of specialist advisory, management and transactional services to clients all over the world.
Our people combine entrepreneurial spirit and a deep understanding of specialist property sectors with the highest standards of client care.
To learn more, visit www.savills.com
- CDO at iTalent Digital
- CEO at Zaldee
- CEO at NaoLogic
- CEO at Omniscient
- CEO at The Kanavel Group, LLC
- Chief Operating Officer at Mobiveil Inc.
- Co-Founder at Silvaco Inc.
- Co-founder, CTO at Strikedeck
- CSO at EMRCPR
- Director Facilities – RWS; Director Sustainability – HQ at Oracle
- Director of Finance at Red Oak Technologies, Inc
- Director, Connected Enterprise Services at Wipro
- Director, Global Corporate Procurement at Polycom
- Executive Chairman of the Board at Silvaco Inc
- Founder & COO at Manos Accelerator
- Founder and CEO at Wellocity
- Founder at Clubzz
- Founder, CEO at Ozonetel Communications Inc
- Founder/CEO at Fenix Commerce
- Managing Director at Globant
- Managing Director at Guardian
- Marketing Executive at INVAR Studios
- Partner at Andra Capital
- President at Essence Wealth & Insurance Services
- President at ISC2
- President at OnApp Inc
- Project Manager & Startup Scout at ABC Venture Gates
- Senior Director Professional Services at InterVision Systems
- Senior Director, Infrastructure Services & Delivery at FireEye, Inc.
- Senior Supervising Attorney at Pearl Law Group
- Director, Supply Chain & Procurement at Cavium Inc
- Manager, Global Workplace Solutions at Varian
- Vice President andChief Quality Officer at Lumentum
- SVP Technology at SPORTTU
- SVP WW Market at Innovative Logic
- Venture Partner at Emergent Ventures
- VP and General Counsel at Lumina Networks
- VP, Global Product Marketing at Verifone
- VP, President Global Real Estate & Facilities at Synopsys
- VP, General Counsel at Shop Kick
- VP, International Operations at Merlin Solar Technologies
- VP, Operations at Iridex
- VP, Operations at Red Oak Technologies, Inc
Geo-political tensions and the ongoing tit-for-tat tariff war between the U.S. and China have recently brought into sharp focus the scale, increasing importance and complexity of the relationship between the U.S. and the Asia-Pacific. In order to provide some context for later discussions, Simon Smith, Savills’ Head of Research for Asia-Pacific will lead off by providing a brief introduction and presentation covering the following topics:
- Demographics and population
- Economic development, growth and scale
- Real estate and capital investment flows
- Emerging trends in tech, e-commerce, AI, manufacturing & logistics
The event was a lively and engaging forum with plenty of discussion, debate, shared views and experiences, with participation from the audience and with real estate experts in attendance from key markets across the Asia-Pacific.
This was a rare and not to be missed opportunity for any real estate or operations executive involved in the delivery of real estate solutions throughout the Asia-Pacific to talk to and hear from real estate experts who have forged successful careers in some of the world’s most diverse, dynamic and challenging real estate markets.
8:00 am: Arrival and coffee/tea reception
8:30 am: Welcome remarks by Ortus and introduction by Savills
8:40 am: Presentation over breakfast “The Pacific Century” by Simon Smith, Head of Research for Savills Asia-Pacific
9:00 am: Panel question and answer portion
9:30 am: Networking session
Silicon Valley Capital Club, Capital Ballroom South
50 W San Fernando St, San Jose, CA 95113